The Potager

The Potager

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Winter's End?

The snow is slowly melting.  Is this awful winter almost to an end?
I ache to be out in the garden, but the soil is frozen, wet and snow covered.
Yesterday my friend and I attended the Philadelphia Flower Show. It was so lovely to see flowers in bloom.
The theme was ARTiculture. While the colors were eye-popping, I didn't glean a lot of useful ideas.
Eh.
What?
Arial ballet - interesting.
I do want this. I cannot afford this. But I do want this.
Still to smell the flowers and see the greenery and to spend the day with a good friend - it was a wonderful day.
The next day I walked around the garden. It is 50 outside but the snow lingers on. The chives are peeking through.
Ahh, spring is coming! And one lone hyacinth didn't care that the snow still covered most of the flower garden.
But that is all I could find. So I cleaned up my "potting shed".
A through inventory of supplies for the coming season. When Spring does come, I'll be ready!
No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn.  ~Hal Borland

No comments:

Post a Comment