The Potager

The Potager

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Late Blight?

I think my tomatoes had late blight.



Even if it isn't late blight, it wasn't pretty. So the affected plants were pulled out and separated from the compostable stuff. They were thrown in a black garbage bag and put in the trash. Other plants were drastically pruned back to healthy stock, hoping they will survive.
Now my garden looks empty and I had to buy tomatoes at a farm market this morning.
Ah well,  "There's always next year!"

There is no gardening without humility. 
Nature is constantly sending even its oldest scholars to the bottom
of the class for some egregious blunder
.  
 Alfred Austin




1 comment:

  1. They look like my tomato plants -- late blight, early blight, middle blight, sun scald, blossom end rot -- you name it, it happened here! Seems like tomatoes used to be a lot easier to grow -- I remember years and years ago having so much I had to give tons away, on top of freezing and canning. "Next year!" , the gardener's refrain!

    ReplyDelete