The Potager

The Potager

Monday, December 27, 2010

Beneath a Blanket of Snow

The day after Christmas we were hit with a Blizzard that dumped about two feet of snow on us. The Potager, dressed in it's Christmas finery, was buried completely.
Beneath the snow there are roses and garlic and carrots and cilantro waiting to make an appearance this spring. Inside the warm and cozy house there are gardening catalogs with far more pages turned down then I actually have room for in my garden. This is the time for dreaming and planning!
For Christmas my husband and children remembered the garden in their gift giving - a colbalt blue glass bird bath from my youngest daughter,  baby chicks to match my chickens from my son & his wife, and herb scissors, gardening gloves and a bucket organizer from my darling husband. I also received a new camera from Hubby which will help with this blog, since my old one has been acting badly, and a new computer, which will explain why this blog has been so quiet lately. Alas, my old computer's hard drive died on me, taking all my lovely photos with it. I had planned on showing you all how the Potager was created, but the photos are gone. Lesson learned - back up your photos!
I hope you and your family had a very Merry Christmas also. Now it's back to a cup of tea and a seed catalog for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment