The Potager

The Potager

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snowy days are made for this

Last Saturday the snow fell steadily all day. It was an unusual snowfall, never getting heavier or lighter, no wind to blow it around. It looked like a computer image of snow falling. So I planned my garden and ordered my seeds!
I am trying a few new things this year. I'm going to try onions. I'm growing them from seed and will have to start early in February. I'm also going to try potatoes in a box like this: http://tipnut.com/grow-potatoes/
And I am going to try white patty pan squash because I think it looks cool. You can see one here: http://www.jungseed.com/dp.asp?pID=03532 . I'm hoping to add an herb/flower garden off to the side and plant some raspberry canes. And I'd love to grow grapes.  Ambition runs big on a snowy day in January. But now my garden is quietly sleeping beneath a blanket of snow, with more snow on the way.


In winter's cold and sparkling snow,
The garden in my mind does grow.
Cheryl Magic-Lady, Winter Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment