The Potager

The Potager

Friday, July 8, 2011

Stormy Weather

Every day this week as I get ready to leave work, the skies darken and thunder rumbles. Some nights I make it home before the skies open, and some nights I don't. It was raining tonight as I arrived home, but as the evening wore on it intensified. By 7:30 it was still pouring and the Potager was flooding. I wanted to see how much rain we had gotten, but I couldn't get to the rain gauge! I ran out with an umbrella to get some pictures and got thoroughly soaked. The water on the concrete pad of the back garage was up to my ankles! Keep in mind as you view these - we have sandy soil. Water usually runs right through our soil. (It was getting late, but using the flash only caught the heavy rain, so I apologize for the dark photos.)







That's a lot of rain!

Edited to add these photos from the next day: 
Almost 6 inches of rain
Flooding mess



No comments:

Post a Comment