The Potager

The Potager

Friday, January 6, 2012

Foodie Friday: Lamb Chops

This is the first time I made lamb chops, not on the grill. And I don't think they turned out right.  I'm not saying they didn't get eaten.

From the Potager, I mixed rosemary and thyme.

I added fresh minced garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil.





I spread this over the lamb chops and let it sit at room temperature for an hour.

The rack got cute little foil caps to protect the bone ends and went into a 400 degree oven for 7 minutes and then finished off in a 300 degree oven for 10 minutes longer.

I forgot to take pictures of it when it was done. It was prettier than what you are looking at, which is a few pieces that had been thrown back in the oven to cook a bit more. I know lamb chops should be rare, but these were a bit too rare.
I am so not ready to be a food blogger!
But I am loving the fresh taste imparted from the herbs still available in the garden. Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment