The Potager

The Potager

Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Year

Happy New Year! This is the time of year when we all set goals - to lose weight (check), to get more organized (check), to post more regularly in my blog (check)...
It is the season of planning.
This month my gardening goals are:

  • Go through all those seed catalogs by the side of my chair and place a timely order
  • Sharpen and oil all of my gardening tools
  • Plant some onions late in the month since they took so long to grow last year!


Aside from the Halloween snow, this has been a mild winter. Thanks to that, I still have rosemary, thyme and parsley available for picking in the Potager.














And still blooming in the potager are the lenten roses I bought on a clearance rack at my grocery store. Don't you love when a clearance rack whim performs well?
It is so nice to see flowers at this time of year.










The turnips are still in the Potager - for a day or two.

The temperature is supposed to drop next week, so the turnips will be picked for dinner or soup tomorrow or the day after.



2011 was a challenging gardening year. I am looking forward to 2012 being more successful. With every passing year, I gain more experience.

I wish all of you a happy and healthy New Year.






No comments:

Post a Comment