The Potager

The Potager

Friday, February 9, 2018

Friday Favorites - Compost Pail

Welcome to Friday Favorites, the day in which I share something I use and love.

Today's Friday Favorite is my Compost Pail, the OXO Good Grips Easy Clean Compost Bin, available here.

This was a gift from my son and daughter-in-law this past Christmas and there are many reasons I love it.

The first and foremost is that there is nothing to rust or get stained on this pail. It is easy to carry out to the compost pile with the attached handle and the lid snaps on and off easily. The lid has no seal, so there is no gasket to get full of nastiness, yet there is no odor when the lid is shut. OXO says that the " lid closes but doesn’t seal, locking in the smell while allowing in a small amount of oxygen that prevents bacteria and mold from immediately forming. "  Yay, no mold! (If you've kept a compost bin on your counter in warm weather, you'll know this is a big deal!) And it is so easy to clean - it can go into the dishwasher!!! The interior has rounded corners, so no nasty compost is getting stuck inside. Warning: nasty photo coming up.
It holds enough for a day (12 cup capacity) so there is no running out to the compost after every meal.

This absolutely gets my seal of approval. If you need a compost pail for your kitchen, I highly recommend this one.

1 comment: