The Potager

The Potager

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Oh Deer!

How odd! The cucumbers spilling out of my fence have been trimmed!


A deer is the culprit and I know exactly which one it is. We have had a doe and her two fawns living on our street since spring.

She has no fear of humans, giving us a passing glance when we pass by.

Even though our yard is fenced in and we are diligent about closing the gates to the fence when we leave for work, she is agile and able to jump the fence.

And to nibble on some tasty cucumber leaves.

 
But if you look closely you'll notice that she left the cucumbers for me.

I can live with that.
Besides, we have plenty of cucumbers inside the garden fence.

Yummy crisp cucumbers.

My harvest today: three cucumbers, parsley and two squash - one Ambassador Zucchini and one Eight-Ball Zucchini.

Hunky Hubby and I traded places and I grilled the chicken while he made the Cucumber Salad:
Sliced Cucumbers, Sliced Onions, Salt, pepper, chopped parsley from the garden, chopped dill from the garden, white vinegar and sour cream.

The bowl may be a bit messy, but it was delicious!

Cucumber and Sour Cream Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment