The Potager

The Potager

Friday, October 22, 2010

Last night's harvest

I know it doesn't look like much. It's greek oregano (which is threatening to overtake it's bed - reminder: move out of the potager in the spring!), basil and parsley.
I had several tomatoes sitting on my counter that ripened beautifully. Inspired by this recipe:
Summer in a Bowl
I cut up the tomatoes, added some green peppers (also from the potager), some chopped onion and garlic, the chopped up herbs and a splash of balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. Basically it's a Bruschetta. Yummy enough all by itself.

But wait! Then I put it over hot spaghetti and grated fresh parmesan cheese on top.
It was delicious!
How wonderful to eat something so summery on a cool night in the middle of October!

No comments:

Post a Comment