The Potager

The Potager

Sunday, July 12, 2015

A Potager Favorite

Daily I go into the Potager in the morning to see what will be dinner for tonight. Everything looks so good this year. My hubby and I did alot of soil amending and it is paying off.

Today I would like to focus on my pole beans. I grew Kentucky Wonder in the past and was not impressed. They took forever to get going and the pods would often get too big before I got to them. But this year I am in love with my pole beans.
I planted Emerite French Pole Beans. They are amazing and I will definitely  plant them again!


Seven inches long, stringless and fabulous flavor!!! They are as tender and sweet right off the vine as they are cooked. They actually produced beans before my bush beans this year.
I got my seeds from Pinetree Seeds.
By the way, I love buying old wooden rulers when I go to flea markets and antique stores. Years ago, businesses would hand them out to children in school for advertisement purposes. While it may be unsettling to think of a funeral director advertising to young children, look at the back of this ruler:
It's good to know they understand the coffin size of their targeted audience!!! (I remember almost all the rulers had that chart on them, but having it next to a funeral director's name makes it somehow creepy.... or maybe that's just me.)
I prepared my Emerite beans simply, with bacon and onions. I didn't cut them. They are so tender.
They will keep producing through the summer as long as I keep picking them. No problem there!

No comments:

Post a Comment