The Potager

The Potager

Monday, April 11, 2016

Look what I dragged home

Last week I drove down our street and saw a "brass bed" head board that had fallen out of someone's truck on a dump trip, lying on the side of the road. When it was still there two days later, I pulled over and picked it up. It didn't fit in my car so I drove home with the tailgate open in my small SUV. And it was quite heavy. I'm thinking it is cast iron, perhaps? Twin sized, I think.
Isn't it pretty? (I need to think what my background looks like before I shoot pictures. Ugh.)
I want to use it in my garden without being too corny.  I am not thinking Flower "bed" like this:While it is cute, it's not what I want.

Funky Junk Jennifer - an old iron bed head board... such a neat idea:  
Here's one used as a garden gate. That could work. (from funkyjunkjennifer blog

 


 

Or how about turned into a garden bench? (from  Southern Revivals.com )

Old iron bed frames and metal gates with character look wonderful in gardens with blooming vine to climb on them.....Love this!!: Vining flowers? But I don't know any that are short enough to use with the headboard.

It was a happy find. I'll let you know what I come up with. 

Keep your eyes open, you never know what you will find on the side of the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment