The Potager

The Potager

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Vacation


I hope you weren't expecting my vacation photos!

I went away for a three day weekend and came back to insect damaged cabbage. If you look closely, you'll see the culprit on the leaf to the left.....>



Ugh, Cabbage Moth Caterpillars.

I spent the morning after I got back picking them off.


Some were big like the one above, some were tiny like the ones on this leaf. There were a lot of them.

The cabbage will recover. I thank God for gardening gloves! Ewww!





Even though I tied my melon up with pantyhose, it slipped off it's stem while I was gone.
I guess I need support hose!





The cucumbers that were too small to pick are now a bit too large. (We'll still eat them!)




On the bright side, while I was away the turnips I planted sprouted.

Let the fall garden begin!


No comments:

Post a Comment