The Potager

The Potager

Monday, June 25, 2012

The flower Garden

The Perennial/Herb Garden is looking good this year. I am in the process of making a path, hence the black plastic on the ground. (It is there to kill the weeds underneath. Because I am too lazy  don't have enough time to pull all those weeds myself!)
The holder that held the glass bird bath now holds a lantana. I was going to do a hanging plant, but the cone flowers soon began towering over it. I think it's kind of funny looking, so I may move the stand and do a hanging plant in it next year.

There are more perennials growing this year, but I miss the way the zinnias looked. I may have to plant more. I hope it's not too late in the year. The transplanted roses have rebounded well and look lovely. We have had a deer in our yard this past week. But he hasn't found the roses yet. My plan was that if I had enough flowers that did not appeal to deer, perhaps the deer would not investigate to find things that would appeal to him.
So far so good. Having said that I expect the deer to attack this evening.
Every garden looks better with a back hoe beside it...lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment