The Potager

The Potager

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Rainy Saturday Plans and Surprises

The forecast is for rain today, so I have some wedding things to take care of. While I was buying stamps for the invitations, I found these stamps for sale:
 I love them! (Too bad I pay my bills online! But they are forever stamps!)I love finding little surprises like that. And like this:
I went out to the compost pile and found that the Kale I had pulled out before planting last week had flowered in the compost pile. I think the flowers are lovely.
While I am out running wedding errands, I have to pick up a new Chili pepper plant. The one I transplanted didn't survive.  Going to a garden center the day before Mother's Day is not a thing I usually do! But I so enjoyed having the dried chilis from my mistakenly purchased cayenne pepper last year, that I really want another one!
Tomorrow all my kids will be here to visit me, so the garden will not be worked in. I hope you all have a very happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment