The Potager

The Potager

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Blueberry Syrup

While I love being able to come home and pick my dinner from the Potager, some things just are not worth growing because they grow in abundance in our area. Blueberries for example. There are dozens of u-pick blueberry operations within a 5-15 minute drive of the Potager. I have a few bags of frozen organic blueberries from last summer, so I made homemade blueberry syrup for breakfast. This recipe is so easy!


Three ingredients - blueberries, fresh or frozen; lemon juice and maple syrup (real please).













Put blueberries in a pot. I don't measure. If you have a lot of people, put a lot, if you only have you, put in a little. I wouldn't do less than a cup.

Squeeze in a little lemon juice. Again. What ever. I don't use a lot, maybe a tablespoon. I don't measure.

Then splash in a bit of the maple syrup. Also, not a lot. It is just for a bit of sweetness.



Bring to a boil. Turn down and let simmer until the blueberries have all popped.






Pour over your whole grain (in this case Oatmeal) pancakes and enjoy a taste of summer in the winter. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment