The Potager

The Potager

Monday, January 17, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

I know this is a gardening blog and not a cooking blog, but the two are intertwined in my mind. After all the purpose of the Potager is to provide food for the table. And while it is not doing that at this moment, I am still trying to eat healthy and use organic, whole grain and local foods as much as possible.
So I am going to be linking up to Organized Junkie's Menu Plan Monday group (www.orgjunkie.com) to help me keep on track each week. Hopefully you'll see how the Potager starts influencing my menus as it grows.
Monday - Spaghetti and (turkey) meatballs with homemade whole wheat bread and Salad (love days off!)
Tuesday - Kale, Sausage and Lentil Skillet Bake (recipe from www.delish.com)
Wednesday - Chicken Cashew and Brown Rice, Green Beans
Thursday - Chili with Homemade Cornbread and Salad
Friday - Homemade Pizza with Whole Wheat Crust
Saturday - Scallops with Roast Carrots/Parsnips and Potatoes/Sweet Potatoes
Sunday - 16 Bean Soup with Left-Over ham and homemade bread

No comments:

Post a Comment